Finding an 6G-SDI cable that can reliably handle the bandwidth of 4k video over long distances is not easy. Currently there are no commercially available SDI cables that are 6G-SDI rated.
We tested a bunch of cables from different manufacturers, before finding a cable and BNC connector combination that can reliably handle the 4k 30 output of the Blackmagic Micro Studio Cameras, at up to 100 feet.
This is a pack of three (or in one configuration… six) ultra high quality 4k SDI cables, compatible with Mini EYE 3™ (micro studio camera version) and StitchBox™. They can be used to run live 360 video signals, or to locate 4k recorders at distance from a 360 camera.
These cables work reliably at 4k 30 (10 bit 4:2:2), over distances up to 100′. Our preferred road kit is 6 x 50 feet cables, with 3 x gold plated couplers, which gives us the option to run 50 feet, or 100 feet readily at a venue. Cables are heavy to travel with, so it’s best to know what you will need beforehand if possible.
If you think you need to run more than 100 feet, you can do so using fiber optic cable. We supply a 4k Fiber Cable kit, in lengths up to 2000 feet.
These cables will also work very well with the Micro Cinema Cameras if you use HDMI-to-SDI adapters
6G-SDI Cable Specs
- Run 360 cameras at long distances, using 4k SDI cable
- Allows the remote use of a 360 camera at up to 6k (stitched) resolution
- Rated to 4k 30 fps, 10 bit 4:2:2 (Blackmagic Micro Studio Cameras)
- Extremely rugged broadcast grade cable
- Lengths up to 100 feet
- Connector Type: BNC Male at each end
- 3 Gold plated BNC Female to BNC Female couplers (with 2 x 50′ option)
Other Items to Consider
- 4K Fiber Cable Kit (alternative to above – for ultra long distances)
- SDI Adapter Tails for Blackmagic (included with Mini EYE™ cameras but you might need these otherwise)
Cable weight: 1 lb per 25′
Cable diameter: 1/3″
We do not offer a 4-pack (for Mini EYE™ 4) at this time but you could purchase the 2 x 50 kit (6 cables) and have two spares.