For the first time we are making available our in-house Mini EYE™ 360 Monopod, as used on productions including ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, Barry Gibb In the Now 360, the Oscars, LA Lakers and US Basketball Team ‘Chasing the Dream’.
With this comprehensive pre-assembled 360 monopod package, you can reliably power, synchronize and position your Mini EYE™ camera in the most practical and production-friendly manner, for the highest standards of professional 360 video production.
Mini EYE™ Monopod is a flexible and carefully thought through system for operating our Mini EYE cameras.
Mini EYE™ 360 Monopod includes
- Two part, ultra high quality, carbon fiber monopod – extends to 8′ high
- Small footprint, 3-legged, weighted base
- Anton Bauer Gold Mount quick-release battery plate (two quick-release plates with dual battery option)
- Dual-battery plate option includes a ‘hot-swap’ power function for uninterrupted recording
- Integrated coiled system power cord with industry standard 4-pin XLR connector (connects neatly to our J-Box)
- Cheeseplate to mount a Mini EYE™ J-Box (included with our Mini EYE™ cameras). Includes 3M™ Dual Lock™ – any equipment can be mounted.
- Built in genlock sync generator (it’s included with the monopod and bolted on)
- Custom power cord for sync generator (allowing sync generator to run off main battery via the J-Box)
- Additional D-Tap connector located on quick release battery plate – for powering 4k recorders or other accessories
- High quality sand bag included (for additional base weighting)
- Tool kit (tools, spare parts)
A single Gold Mount 90 battery powers a complete Mini EYE™ 3, including genlock, for 3-4 hrs, a Mini EYE™ 4 for 2-3 hrs. If you add 4k recorders (e.g. when using Micro Studio Cams) expect 1 – 1.5 hours continuous use, depending on which recorder is used. Double all these times for a dual battery configuration.
Other Items to Consider
- Mini EYE™ Professional 360 Cameras
- 360 Camera cable for Blackmagic Micro cameras (included with our Mini EYE™ cameras)
- Gold Mount Batteries (required for battery operation). Unit will also run off AC adapter that ships with our J-Box and Mini EYE™ cameras.
Weight of Monopod (no battery, J-Box or camera): 7.5 lbs
Weight of Monopod (with Gold Mount 90 battery and J-Box): 10 lbs
Weight of Monopod (with Gold Mount 90 battery, J-Box, camera cables and Mini EYE™ 4): 18 lbs
The sand bag is included for your convenience. We do not include sand to save on your shipping cost. Simply add children’s play sand or similar, available at any hardware store. The sand bag has a dual zipper so it is very easy to fill. We often travel with empty sand bags and go to a hardware store on arrival.
We have found that a 1650 Pelican case fits the monopod and the rest of our 360 camera equipment perfectly. One half of the monopod fits neatly underneath the other. There is a picture showing this in the gallery above.
Monopod is hand made to order and is pre-assembled for your convenience. Manufacture time: 2-3 weeks