With a proven live 360 workflow, the very best image quality of all 360 video cameras on the market, and true professional grade features throughout the system, this is the rig to use for high quality live 360 and event production today.
Designed specifically for professional live 360 use, it can also be used for cinematic, high quality 360 video. Mini EYE™ is a modular 360 camera kit, that can grow as your needs evolve.
Paired with the Micro Cinema Cameras, you have RAW internal recording, 13 stops of dynamic range and incredibly gradable footage.
Choose the Micro Studio Cameras, and you have resolution up to 6k, with broadcast grade SDI connections, ATEM control options and 10 bit color.
Want to switch between the two? Our modular system makes this easy. All cameras, cables and mounts are completely interchangeable, and between this and our Mini EYE™ 4.
Pro Live 360 Camera Features
- Fully spherical professional live 360 video rig (can also be used for non-live)
- The best image and picture quality on the market – 10 Bit colour, Blackmagic quality
- Fully genlocked with everything you need for perfect frame synchronization up to 60fps (includes broadcast grade genlock sync generator)
- 3K or 6k stitched output (Micro Cinema Camera or Micro Studio Camera)
- HFOV 450 degrees – perfect for live use, 30 degrees of overlap per stitch line for post production
- VFOV 380 degrees – fully spherical video, no zenith or nadir hole
- Remote control, including live color correction, using Blackmagic ATEM controllers (with micro studio cameras)
- Remote control using Belafonte™ – our forthcoming remote control platform for the Blackmagic Micro cameras. Works with both micro cinema and micro studio cameras.
- Blends in perfectly with professional broadcast and cinematic equipment, live streaming productions, sports, concerts, festivals, etc
- Exclusive custom lens package, with professional calibration and per-camera lens matching for all lenses (why this is important)
- Elegant, contemporary appearance with custom lens barrels exclusive to 360 Designs
- The 360 Designs J-Box, that simplifies all connections and power
- All locking connections… throughout
- Robust anodized CNC Aluminum rig frame with additional 1/4-20, 3/8-16 and M6 mount holes around the bottom and on top (under the rubber lid)
- Modular, dual-position rig frame design (rotate each camera 180 degrees for preferred cable entry position)
- Patent pending, rear battery mount system
- Pro-grade, included D-Tap cable, for powering the system off a single battery pack – Anton Bauer, Frezzi, Bescor, Switronix etc
- All cameras and accessories can be powered off a single AC adapter (included) which uses an industry standard 4-pin XLR cable
- Comes virtually ready to shoot (add media and batteries for cinema cams, recorders and batteries for the studio cams)
- Readily stitchable with Autopano Video, Videostitch Studio, Vahana, Nuke (Cara VR), Blackmagic Fusion, PT Gui, etc
Kitted out with the Blackmagic Micro Studio Cameras, you have the best professional live 360 streaming solution on the market. Kitted out with the Blackmagic Micro Cinema Cameras, you can capture incredibly film-like immersive video, both perfect for grading.
We provide everything you need to capture live 360 video, and cinematic 360 content in a single carry-on sized pelican case. Our modular system allows flexibility for when you want to add new capabilities. Break out the cameras to use for a traditional 2D production, or swap in a Mini EYE 4 rig frame when you are shooting content that requires more complex post. Your core investment is protected as opposed to an ‘all-in-one’ 360 camera solution.
We have had customers who buy the micro cinema camera kit first, and add the micro studio cameras later (all interchangeable). Others buy a Mini EYE™ 4 package, and add a Mini EYE™ 3 rig frame, for relatively little additional outlay.
We work closely with our customers to understand their needs, and by selling a relatively small number of cameras, at the highest quality, we can offer our valued customers a more personalized service, and develop custom solutions readily. We frequently work with our customers to develop custom rigs and equipment.
In general we design products that we ourselves would want to use. The same people who design our cameras are out using them on major productions. Essentially our cameras are designed by professional camera operators, to meet the needs of fellow professional camera operators and DP’s. Other 360 cameras are typically not designed by people with relevant camera or production experience. This includes virtually all of the high end cameras currently on the market.
360 Camera Package Contents
- 3rd Edition Mini EYE™ 3 rig frame in CNC Milled Aluminum, with new anodized finish, custom designed and hand built by 360 Designs in California, with improved cables, 3rd generation J-Box, improved camera mounts and improved lens barrels
- Three Blackmagic Micro Cinema Cameras, or, three Micro Studio Cameras (read our FAQ question – Should I get the Micro Cinema Cameras or Micro Studio Cameras?)
- Three ultra high quality, brand name lenses, the best in the business. Featuring custom lens barrels by 360 Designs, and (crucially) professionally calibrated and matched per camera (Why this is important)
- Three Mini EYE™ modular camera mounts (improved moulded design) with 180 degree (flip) feature
- Our easy-to-use 3 camera J-Box – vastly simplifying cabling and setup (can be set up in under 2 minutes) with all locking connections
- Three 6 ft. hand-made heavy duty custom rubber XLR->Blackmagic cables for power + genlock in one cable, feat. Mogami cable, Amphenol and Neutrik connectors
- Three high quality, broadcast-grade genlock cables
- Included Blackmagic Sync Generator and custom power cable (to power off the J-Box) with recommended sync settings
- High power AC Adapter with industry standard locking 4-pin XLR connector – Powers entire system from a single source
- D-Tap Anton Bauer cable -> locking 4-pin XLR connector – add the professional battery of your choice to power the entire system
- Three Mini SDI to SDI adapter tails (if ordering the Micro Studio Cameras) to connect to the recorder or SDI cabling of your choice
- Carry on, fully waterproof, floating, Pelican case with wheels and pull handle – ships virtually ready to shoot™
- 360 Designs Accessory Kit (Includes lens calibration tool, lens calibration instructions, bench testing kit)
- Spares Kit
* All specifications are subject to minor changes over time. Some gallery photos may show older equipment – e.g. older lens barrels or rig frames
More equipment and accessories to improve professional 360 video capture are planned for our Mini EYE™ range. All our mounts and systems are interchangeable. Mini EYE™ is an ecosystem for professional 360 camera rigs using Blackmagic cameras.
Limited Second Edition
A second (unique) chance to own the highest quality and most desired 360 camera on the market, with various improvements over our first edition.
We have a regularly updated FAQ that answers 90% of the questions we have been asked recently.
New demo footage (Oct 2016) can be downloaded from our Dropbox folder
Weight of Camera: 5.1 lbs (loaded with 3 cameras)
Package Weight: 24 lbs (in Pelican case with all components), 22 lbs without cameras
Rig Dimensions with cameras (max span): 10.5″ x 10.5″ x 4″